Your Privacy Matters
Who we are
Our registered users (“Members”) share their identities, engage with their network, exchange knowledge and professional or passionate insights, post and view relevant content, learn and find opportunities. Identities are not viewable to non-members or general visitors to the sight. Neither is personal information made available.
To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address, mobile number, and a password alongside your details relating to your relationships with the sport of polo. You will also need to provide payment annually.
Your profile is fully visible to all Members. Our Services allow viewing and sharing information including through posts, likes, follows and comments. Our Services allow you to meet and stay in touch and up to date with the international polo community. To do so, you will “connect” with those who you choose, and who also wish to “connect” with you. You can also opt-in to allow us to use your precise location. When you invite someone to connect with you, your invitation will include your name, photo, network and contact information via the online platform where you can receive messages.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to help us provide our services to you. In addition we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Sending you communications to manage your membership
- To facilitate or arrange opportunities to play polo
- To send you relevant communications and opportunities
- To send you marketing information with your express permission
- To manage enquiries and complaints
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the use of our website
- For internal record keeping
- To measure the effectiveness of any advertising on the website
- To enable you to be contacted by other members of the international polo community via the online platform
- To provide information to you from selected partners and third parties relating to other products or opportunities that may be of interest to you
- All information will only be provided where you have consented at receiving our newsletters
- You have the right to terminate receiving marketing communications from us at any point by emailing email@example.com
Your data is not given to any third-party or partner.
Members are responsible for not sharing their password with any third party
Transfer of Data
We do not transfer, disclose, sell or distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. All communications from third parties or partners are done so via IPA emails or the online platform.
Change in Control or Sale
Storing and Processing Your Personal Data
We store data in North America on secure servers. We process data both inside and outside of the United States and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. Countries where we process data may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Brand Equity Group Asset Management Ltd holding company and its associated brands are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of our website visitors across our brands, including The International Polo Association.
External Links and Other Parties
This website may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of the privacy policies of said websites. The use of third party websites is entirely at your own risk and we accept no liability for the content of advertisers or third parties.
Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data
- Change or Correct Data: You can edit some of your personal data through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Consent: Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
If you choose to close your account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 72 hours.
You can contact us to resolve any complaints. If you have questions or complaints regarding this Policy, please first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com